We aim to reduce accidental and deliberate fires by giving advice to members of the public.
What will I be doing?
You could be involved in a range of different activities including:
- Assisting with our home fire safety scheme
- Youth engagement work
- Staffing stands at local events
- Fitting smoke detectors
- Volunteer management roles
What skills or experience do I need?
We would like volunteers from a variety of backgrounds with different skills and abilities.
If you are 18 years or over, a good communicator and enjoy working as part of a team this could be the voluntary role for you.
How much time do I need to give?
At least 6 hours a month, but you can do more if you like.
Where will I be located?
Within your local community.
What will I gain from the role?
Volunteering with us can offer you:
- Personal development and achievement
- New and improved skills
- A chance to meet new people
- Additional training
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to your neighbourhood and to the county
Will I receive expenses?
We will pay reasonable travelling expenses.
How do I find out more?
Apply now, visit our Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service page or contact Nick Quinlan: