It may take up to 6 weeks, particularly if we need to ask you for more information.
Why we need your information
The data on this form is being gathered for the purpose of processing Blue (disabled parking) Badge applications. Hertfordshire County Council will use this information to ensure all contacts (including calls, emails, online contacts and webchats) are managed effectively to assess eligibility, process applications and give the best customer service possible.
Hertfordshire County Council is obliged to collect and process this data under the Chronically Sick and Disabled Act 1970.
What we will do with your information
The information you give us will be held by the Customer Service and adult social care teams of Hertfordshire County Council and will only be used to process Blue Badge applications.
This information is shared with the Department for Transport and their supplier (currently Valtech) as they print and send the badges
All documents will be dealt with in line with data protection legislation. We may share them or details about eligibility within the Local Authority (e.g. Anti-fraud service for detection and prevention of fraudulent application and usage) and with district and borough councils for parking concessions and enforcement in relation to Blue Badges.
We may contact your doctor if we need further medical evidence to support your application.
We will also share information with third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, for example if it necessary to safeguard or protect a child.
We may also share information with the police or other agencies if it is necessary for the following purposes:
a) the prevention or detection of crime
b) the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
c) the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any imposition of a similar nature
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for 3 years and 3 months. Payment information is not held once the transaction has been processed.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information.
You have the following rights in relation to this data:
- You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
- You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
- If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
- You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
- You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
- You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
- In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
- In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you please contact the Data Protection Team.
Data Protection Team
Hertfordshire County Council
Tel: 01992 588099
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or in writing to the address above.