Can I get a meal?
You can get a meal if:
- you have difficulty preparing a meal safely
- you have a mental or physical disability
- your carer is unwell or on holiday
- you've just come out of hospital or you're recovering from an illness
- you’re unable to cook meals for yourself after someone dies.
Meals are delivered ready to eat between 11.30am and 2pm, every day of the year. We can't give you exact delivery times but, generally, we'll be with you around the same time every day. Hertfordshire Independent Living Service delivers the meals and they'll make sure you're OK before they leave.
Menu and prices
You can choose from a wide range of meals, even if you have a food allergy or a special diet (including soft and puree food). Specialist Kosher, Asian Halal, Caribbean and West Indian menus are also available.
Main meal and a hot or cold dessert – £5.10
You need to order a main meal. Then it's your choice if you also order breakfast and/or a tea time meal.
Breakfast – £2.95
Tea time meal – £3.45
You’ll pay slightly more than this if you don’t fit into one of the categories above.
You can pay for your meals by:
- direct debit
- postal order
At the end of each month, you'll get an invoice for the meals you've had.