Can I get a meal?
You can get a meal if:
- You would be at risk in preparing a meal
- You have a mental, physical, and/or learning disability
- You are frail, confused, or housebound
- You are unable to shop regularly for food or obtain a meal from any other source
- Your carer is unwell or on holiday
- You are suffering bereavement, illness, or have recently been discharged from hospital
Meals are delivered ready to eat between 11.30am and 2pm, every day of the year. We can't give you exact delivery times but, generally, we'll be with you around the same time every day. Hertfordshire Independent Living Service delivers the meals and they'll make sure you're OK before they leave.
Menu and prices
You can choose from a wide range of meals, even if you have a food allergy or a special diet (including soft and puree food). Specialist Kosher, Asian Halal, Caribbean and West Indian menus are also available.
Main meal and a hot or cold dessert – £5.78
You need to order a main meal. Then it's your choice if you also order breakfast and/or a tea time meal.
Breakfast – £3.50
Tea time meal – £4.20
Pop-in visits - £5.00
You’ll pay slightly more than this if you don’t fit into one of the categories above.
You can pay for your meals by:
- direct debit
- postal order
- AllPay card
- Standing order.
At the end of each month, you'll get an invoice for the meals you've had.