The Corporate Parenting Board keeps track of what's being done in Hertfordshire to improve the lives of children in care.
Our Corporate Parenting Strategy for 2019-22 (PDF 745KB)Opening in a new window sets out the vision and plans for fulfilling the ambitions and corporate parenting responsibilities to all our children and young people in care and care leavers.
We want to achieve 6 outcomes for children in care:
Find out more about our 6 outcome bees.
Each outcome is looked at by 2 of our board members. They provide progress reports about:
- what work is being done
- what successes there have been
- what challenges there have been.
- Marion Ingram (Chair), Operations Director, Specialist services
- Councillor Teresa Heritage, Lead Member for Children’s Services
- Sarah Baker, Head of Children Looked After
- Ross Williams, Head of Safeguarding (East)
- Sue Lowndes, Head of Adoption & Fostering
- Felicity Evans, Head of Achievement Virtual School
- John Brady, 16+ Manager Virtual School
- Lynn Knowles, Head of Joint Commissioning CYP
- Cecilia Stevens, Deputy Designated Nurse for Looked After Children and Care Leavers
- Caroline Cook, Head of Service Vulnerable Young People
- Jason Beaumont, Service manager, Joint commissioning CYP
- Jonathan Jack, Youth Engagement Manager
- George Shipman, Vulnerable Young Peoples Policy Manager
- Kim Burrowes, Independent Review Service Manager
- Andy Lawrence, Specialist Services Manager
- Mary Emerson, East and North Herts Clinical Commissioning Group