In addition to COMET, we also have more detailed microsimulation-based local models in Hemel Hempstead, Hertford, Stevenage and Watford.
Whilst each of these models have different base years and coverages, they're potentially available to test developments and access arrangements in more detail than the strategic model.
Find out more:
Using the models
We encourage local planning authorities and developers to use pre-existing models where possible. You can commission bespoke option tests of the countywide model COMET through our Transport Planning Framework consultants, AECOM.
To make use of these pre-existing models, please either contact us or complete the model test proforma (DOC, 128kb).
Contact us about accessing the models...
Transport Planning and Data Team
Hertfordshire County Council
Phone: 01992 588 615
The commissioning process
The process is broadly:
- Complete the model test proforma (DOC, 128kb) providing details of trip generation and distribution, access arrangements and any associated mitigation schemes.
- Initial meeting / call with us and AECOM to agree details of test.
- AECOM provide a costed specification within 10 working days.
- Client needs to respond in writing, agreeing to specification to be provided.
- The test will then be commissioned through our Transport Planning Framework.
- AECOM undertake the model test and supply required outputs.
- AECOM invoice us for the work. We then invoice the applicant (cost price of AECOM work plus additional model maintenance fee).
If you'd like to use the local town-based models, contact the Transport Planning & Data Team. Model runs can either be commissioned through AECOM or, in some circumstances, can be supplied under licence (on agreement of a Memorandum of Understanding and payment of a model usage and audit fee).
Timescale and cost
Typically the process will take 6-8 weeks.
The cost of the work depends on:
- the amount of coding required
- the number of options to be tested
- the level of reporting.
The cost will be confirmed in the specification provided by AECOM.
See indicative model costs (XLS, 11kb)