Home Library Service
For people who are unable to get to the library.
We could bring the library to you if:
- you have a physical disability which prevents you from travelling to a library building
- you have a learning disability or mental health condition that makes it difficult for you to leave home alone
- you're registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- you're frail or in poor health which means you can't get to a library
- you're a carer looking after someone affected by any of the above, and your caring responsibilities prevent you from getting to the library.
While libraries are closed, we are sorry that we are unable to take on any new customers at present.
If your application is successful, we’ll talk to you about your reading tastes and interests. Then we’ll arrange regular visits to bring you books at times that suit you.
Could you volunteer for the Home Library Service?