New to computers or tablets? Try our taster sessions to get started.
What is a taster session?
A taster session is an informal one-to-one, usually at your local library lasting one hour. You’ll get an introduction on how to use a computer or tablet and a free course booklet to help you practise.
How much does it cost?
Sessions cost £7 per person, but there is a concessionary charge of £5 for library members who have a disability or are on a low income and receiving benefits.
Types of session
There are 4 different taster sessions:
Getting started with computers
- Understanding what a computer is and how it works
- Using a keyboard and mouse or touchpad
- Activities such as letter writing and using the internet
- Using a computer safely.
Getting started with a tablet
- Understanding how to use a tablet
- Using a touch screen
- Using the internet
- Learning about apps.
Moving on with a Tablet
- Using a tablet and accessing features
- Taking and sending photographs
- Understanding how to use email
- Using the internet and safe shopping
An introduction to using the internet
- Using web addresses to find information
- How to use a search engine
- Staying safe online.
How do I book?
Email us at email@example.com or ask in your local library, if someone you know would be interested in a taster session.