New to computers or tablets? Try our taster sessions to get started.
Free one hour phone conversations that will help you discover digital tools, courses, websites and videos that will boost your digital skills for your career or business.
We are not running IT taster sessions at the moment due to Coronavirus.
Make it Click support is available remotely by phone or video workshop
What is a taster session?
A taster session is an informal one-to-one, usually at your local library lasting one hour. You’ll get an introduction on how to use a computer or tablet and a free course booklet to help you practise.
How much does it cost?
Sessions cost £7 per person, but there is a concessionary charge of £5 for library members who have a disability or are on a low income and receiving benefits.
Types of session
There are 4 different taster sessions:
Getting started with computers
- Understanding what a computer is and how it works
- Using a keyboard and mouse or touchpad
- Activities such as letter writing and using the internet
- Using a computer safely.
Getting started with a tablet
- Understanding how to use a tablet
- Using a touch screen
- Using the internet
- Learning about apps.
Moving on with a Tablet
- Using a tablet and accessing features
- Taking and sending photographs
- Understanding how to use email
- Using the internet and safe shopping
An introduction to using the internet
- Using web addresses to find information
- How to use a Search
- Staying safe online.
How do I book?
Email us about a taster session if someone you know would be interested. Or you can ask in your library.