IT taster sessions
New to computers or tablets? Try our taster sessions to get started.
What is a taster session?
A taster session is an informal one-to-one, usually at your local library lasting 1 hour. You’ll get an introduction on how to use a computer or tablet and a free course booklet to help you practise.
There is no cost if you are disabled or receive benefits.
Email us about a taster session if someone you know would be interested. Or you can ask in your library.
Types of session
There are 3 different taster sessions:
Getting started with computers
- Understanding what a computer is and how it works
- Using a keyboard and mouse or touchpad
- Activities such as letter writing and using the internet
- Using a computer safely.
Getting started with a tablet
- Understanding how to use a tablet
- Using a touch screen
- Using the internet
- Learning about apps.
An introduction to using the internet
- Using web addresses to find information
- How to use a Search
- Staying safe online.