It’s free to join the library. Become a member and access books, ebooks, online services and a lot more for free.
- Reduced late fees on books, magazines and talking books
- Keep your items for up to 6 weeks
- Reserve books for free
- Borrow talking books for free
- Free ebooks, online magazines and newspapers, available 24/7
You can apply for a carer’s library card at your local library, or call us on 0300 123 4049. If you have trouble getting to a library, try the Home Library Service to bring the library to your doorstep.
- Books in Large Print for adults and children
- Free talking books on CD and online
- Picture books for young children featuring Giant Print and Braille
- Tactile board books with braille style numbering, play elements and high contrast images
- Free reservations on Hertfordshire stock
- Reduced late fees on books and talking books
- Large print keyboards on public computers
- Free ebooks, online magazines and newspapers with adjustable print size
For more support to access reading and reading services, check the Reading Sight website
Every 2 years, we need to check that we have up-to-date contact details for your library membership. Some online resources like BorrowBox won't work until the check is completed. Simply visit your library or contact us if you can’t come to your local library.