It’s free to join the library. Become a member and access books, ebooks, online services and a lot more for free.
- Reduced late fees on books, magazines and talking books
- Keep your items for up to 6 weeks
- Reserve books for free
- Borrow talking books for free
- Free ebooks, online magazines and newspapers, available 24/7
You can apply for a carer’s library card at your local library, or call us on 0300 123 4049. If you have trouble getting to a library, try the Home Library Service to bring the library to your doorstep.
- Books in Large Print for adults and children
- Free talking books on CD and online
- Picture books for young children featuring Giant Print and Braille
- Tactile board books with braille style numbering, play elements and high contrast images
- Free reservations on Hertfordshire stock
- Reduced late fees on books and talking books
- Large print keyboards on public computers
- Free ebooks, online magazines and newspapers with adjustable print size
For more support to access reading and reading services, check the Reading Sight website