Access the information we hold about you

You have the right to access the information we hold about you.

Apply to see your personal information

You can ask to see any information we hold about you as part of the General Data Protection Regulation. This is called a subject access request.

To apply, you can complete this application form or email

You'll need to provide proof of identity and address with the request so we can verify your right of access to the information.

When completed, send the form to:

Data Protection Team

Hertfordshire County Council
County Hall
Pegs Lane
SG13 8DQ


Once we've verified your identity and address you can expect a response within 30 days.

If we think we are unable to process all of your information within 30 days, we’ll let you know as soon as possible. We may take up to a further 2 months after that to provide the information.

Email if you'd like to find out more.


When you use our services you will often give personal information such as name, address and date of birth. People who know you, such as a doctor or teacher, may give us information about you too.

We securely hold this information about you and it is only visible to staff who need to use it.

Find out more about how we use your information and your legal rights.

We'll let you know if there's anything we can't send you, such as:

  • information about other people (unless they give us consent)
  • records that have been destroyed.
  • If they're under 12, you can request information we hold about your children.
  • If they're over 12, children can legally request information themselves. If they can't request it for some reason, you can do it on their behalf.


If you have any concerns or queries about the way your data is handled, email


If you're not satisfied with the information you receive

You can complain to our Data Protection team –

If you're not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.