All Hertfordshire County Council in-house day services will remain open during the new national restrictions. However, capacity is reduced due to social distancing measures.
Contact your usual day service if you have any queries.
How we're keeping day services Coronavirus secure
We are working with Hertfordshire Care Providers’ Association (HCPA) to facilitate care home visits in line with the government guidance on care home visiting. There is additional local guidance on HCPA’s website.
All our register offices are open for pre-booked appointments only.
All of our register offices are still open for pre-booked appointments only.
- You must wear a face covering in any register office.
- To make an appointment to register a birth please book online.
We are still only registering deaths by phone. Call 0300 123 4045 between 9am and 4.30pm. Our busy period is 12–2pm.
Funerals during the coronavirus pandemic.
The coroner service will be running as normal and inquests will be going ahead.
You can apply online for copies of death certificates or birth certificates.
You can also apply for current or historical birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificates.
Our priority service is closed. Current birth and death certificates are being issued within 7 days from receipt of the application
Latest government guidance about weddings and civil partnerships
Hertfordshire is maintaining all restrictions currently in place for all council buildings, including register offices.
- Approved venues in Hertfordshire will advise how many guests you can have at your ceremony
- Hertfordshire register offices will still have social distancing and the following restrictions in place:
- Bishop’s Stortford register office - couple and 28 guests
- Cheshunt register office - couple and 21 guests
- Hatfield register office - couple and 27 guests
- Hemel Hempstead register office - couple and 26 guests
- Hertford register office - couple and 24 guests
- St Albans register office - couple and 28 guests
- Stevenage register office - couple and 20 guests
- Watford register office - couple and 18 guests.
To book or rearrange a ceremony, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 123 4045.
Social distancing measures remain in place and you will be asked to wear a face covering at your ceremony.
To book a private or group citizenship ceremony, call 0300 123 4045.