Register as disabled
You can register as disabled if you're 18 or over and have:
- a substantial and permanent disability
- visual or hearing loss
- a learning disability
- mental health problems.
What is a disability?
Benefits of registering as disabled
You'll get a registration card when you register. Some of the benefits may include:
- Proof of a disability – useful when booking disabled accommodation and travel
- Cheaper entrance to some leisure centres, cinemas and concerts
- Housing points if you're in social housing
- Your local council gets more money to spend on schemes for disabled people.
An easy read version of this form is available.