Sorry, we're closed until further notice.
We'll contact everyone affected by government advice to postpone all ceremonies.
The Gate house is an impressive Victorian building. It's prominent front doors have been used in films and TV such as 'Porridge'.
- Unlimited parking at weekends but limited designated permit parking during the week for customers. (Allow time before your appointment to collect a permit from the office)
- There's a public car park only a short walk away
- Your photographer/videographer can be present during the ceremony
- Disabled access ground floor only
- St Albans is a Victorian building with very steep stairs to the first floor. If you have any concerns about being able to get upstairs please telephone 0300 123 4045 before making an appointment
- Toilet facilities
- We can accommodate live music for your ceremony at this venue
The Verulam Room
- Seats up to 60 guests
- Air conditioning
- Large gardens and canon
- A CD player and MP3 player
Call 0300 123 4045 or email us for more information.
St Albans Register Office
1 Victoria Square
Map and directions
Opening times and parking information