Please let your PA know if:
- your contact details change, like your address or mobile number, so they can stay in touch
- you have a problem, like missing a rent payment, so they can help before things get worse
- you can't attend an appointment, so they can re-arrange or find another way to help you.
Your pathway plan (PWP)
Your PWP document sets out what you need after leaving care, what help you'd like from us or from other people and what you can do for yourself.
You'll be involved in creating your PWP, to make sure you find it helpful and your views are heard. When it's finished, we'll ask you to sign it and we'll give you a copy.
We'll complete your first PWP within 3 months of your 16th birthday and review it at least every 6 months. If you'd like an earlier review, ask your PA.
Your PWP includes goals and milestones for:
- practical life skills, including money management
- education and training
- financial support, including anything in addition to your weekly allowance or rent payment
- specific support needs
- contingency plans if you're unable to live independently.
More information is available from Become - the charity for young care leavers.