We can advise on:
- whether planning permission is required for minerals and waste related development
- what the relevant considerations are likely to be
- the information that should accompany a planning application to ensure that it's valid.
Pre-application guidance notes
Environment Agency pre-application and post-permission advice
Validation checklist – check what you need to submit with your application
Send completed request forms to:
Spatial Planning and Economy Unit
Hertfordshire County Council
County Hall CHN216
Pre-application advice is paid for by developers.
The flat rate is £200 (plus VAT) but may be subject to additional site investigation charge where insufficient information is provided in the first instance. Any additional charge will be on the same basis as charges for meetings with officers.
Meetings with officers
Due to the coronavirus risks, we're are not offering Pre-app face-to-face meetings until further notice.
£100 (plus VAT) for the first 30 minutes.
£50 (plus VAT) per 30 minutes (or part half hour) thereafter.
Where additional officers are required to attend, the fee will be £50 (plus VAT) per officer per half hour (or part half hour) thereafter.
Charges apply to the following:
- meeting time
- post meeting administration or research
- travelling time to and from site.