- Our affiliated business partner, Hertfordshire Adult and Family Learning Service (HAFLS) runs a wide range of quality and approved courses for adults aged 19+, aimed to help improve people’s lives. In 2019-2020, HAFLS supported 4,850 people in lifelong learning opportunities.
- In April 2019, we launched a new integrated young carers support service. This followed an extensive service review and remodelling, in consultation with young carers and wider stakeholders, to ensure that we continue to deliver our statutory duty to carers under 18 in the county.
Statistics for 2019-20:
- 67% of pupils achieved the expected standard in reading, writing and mathematics at Key Stage 2 – higher than 65% nationally.
- 88% of Hertfordshire schools judged 'good' or 'outstanding' by Ofsted as of March 2020.
- Only 2.56% of 16-17 year olds not in education, employment or training – one of the lowest rates in the country.
Read more in the annual report:
Opportunity for everyone to achieve their potential (PDF 6.46MB)Opening in a new window