Working together to reduce deaths and injuries on the roads of Hertfordshire.
Hertfordshire Road Safety Partnership delivers road safety schemes, initiatives and campaigns across the county, and supports national road safety campaigns.
- Hertfordshire Highways
- Roads Policing and Hertfordshire Police
- Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner
- Fire & Rescue Service
- Trading Standards
- Public Health
- Highways England
- Active and Safer Travel Team and Driver Training Team
- Road Victim Trust Charity
- Community Protection
Road Safety Fund
The third round of the Road Safety Fund is now closed. The Road Safety Partnership is overseeing the third round of bids on behalf of the Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner. The next round of the Road Safety Fund will reopen in 2019, information on the new date will follow once decided upon.
Watch our hazard awareness virtual reality film for all road users and see how many hazards you can spot
Our schemes and campaigns
A programme for young people about the risks out and about on the road.
In the average time it takes to read a text on the motorway, a driver will have travelled the length of a football pitch without looking at the road.
- Drink and drug driving - any amount of alcohol affects your ability to drive.
- Mobile phones - you are four times more likely to crash if you are on the phone while driving.
- Seatbelts - you are twice as likely to die in a crash if you don't wear a seatbelt.
- Speeding - a main factor in fatal road collisions is speed. Lose control at speed and you have very little time to react.
- Country roads - nearly two thirds of all fatalities happen on country roads, with unexpected hazards hidden around the corner.