What will I be doing?
Volunteer opportunities vary from participating in community engagement, public events and giving talks on current campaigns.
What skills or experience do I need?
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and customer focused
- Present information clearly and coherently
- Able to recognise when a situation needs tactful handling
- Good team-working skills
- Ability to give feedback and instructions.
Where will I be located?
Trading Standards are based at County Hall in Hertford, but volunteer work will also be throughout the county.
What will I gain from the role?
By volunteering with us you will be:
- Protecting consumers and businesses by reporting and raising awareness of unfair and illegal business practices.
- Providing invaluable assistance to Trading Standards officers.
- Ensuring a safer community for both consumers and businesses in Hertfordshire
What support will I be given?
All new volunteers will go through an induction process and classroom based training, which will cover their role as a volunteer, health and safety and risk assessments. After which ongoing training and support will be provided as required.
How do I find out more?
Apply now, visit our Trading Standards pages or contact us: