Business advice terms and conditions
- Chargeable Business Advice is managed and administered by Hertfordshire County Council’s Trading Standards Service (“HCC”).
- When seeking advice on trading standards matters from HCC, you and your business, undertake to complete the attached registration form and return it to us before any advice can be given and your enquiry will be dealt with as per our Business Advice Policy. Your nominated contact officer will be able to guide you through your query and what this means for you.
- In asking for business advice you or your business, agree to pay any charges for officer time incurred by HCC within twenty-eight (28) days of receiving an itemised invoice from us for the services provided. Our current charges are shown in our Business Advice Policy.
- Payment should be made to “Hertfordshire County Council”. Details of how to make payment (generally via BACs) can be found on your invoice.
- In the event that you do not pay HCC the outstanding amount within the prescribed time then HCC may institute civil proceedings against you and/or your business to recover the cost and future services under Scheme will cease to be provided until the outstanding amount is settled in full.
- Businesses should be aware that HCC is subject to legal duties which may require the release of information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) or any other applicable legislation or codes that govern access to information and that HCC may be under an obligation to provide such information on request.
- As a general rule HCC will not keep information longer than is necessary and whilst in our possession HCC will safeguard your personal information according to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any equivalent legislation.
- HCC’s Trading Standards Service is empowered to enforce a variety of civil and criminal statutes. HCC has a duty to investigate any allegations of breaches of such legislation and the provision of advice under this Scheme does not affect this duty in any way whatsoever.
- The use of the services under the Scheme does not entitle you or your business to use any of Hertfordshire’s logos or claim any affiliation with HCC or HCC’s Trading Standards Service in anyway whatsoever.
- If you or your business have any complaints regarding the service, please follow our complaints procedure.
For further help or information please contact our business advice line on 01707 281401.