How we can help you.
We know it takes a lot of time for parents, schools and colleges using paper proof of benefits to show free school meals eligibility. We can reduce that and make it much easier.
There are two great services we offer:
- Full end to end eligibility checking service - we do it all for you! Or
- Batch eligibility check only (an annual check of students eligible for a free school meal).
Full end to end eligibility checking service.
Checking who is eligible for a FSM and completing the school census on time is vital to school /college financing.
There is a lot of work to be done, even in a straightforward application such as:
- Confirm eligibility for every FSM applicant.
- Checking all applicants’ eligibility throughout the year.
- Respond to queries around eligibility and change of circumstances.
- Stay up to date with legislation around FSM and the qualifying benefits.
- Identify free school meals and pupil premium for the schools’ census.
Why use the full end to end eligibility checking service?
The service ensures any children eligible for a free school meal are captured and protected throughout the academic year. No limit on free school meal eligibility checks for new applicants. Once transitional protection is lifted in 2023, regular audits will be carried out to check pupils’ eligibility.
In addition we provide you with:
• A real opportunity to increase pupil premium claims for your school / college
• End to end processing of FSM applications.
• Proof of benefits checks using the Eligibility Checking Service (ECS)
• System access where you can view your school's FSM report
• A live notification of new applications including both new and no longer entitled children
• A dedicated customer service team to assist with queries from parents and schools
• A follow up service where paper proof of benefits is needed in cases where eligibility can't be instantly confirmed.
Batch eligibility checks only
This service is designed for school/colleges who do not require full support with eligibility checking, however, would like to save some time and benefit from identifying pupil premium claims easier.
We provide you with:
- A batch checking service which includes the checking of pupil free school meal (FSM)s
- Information/report of eligible pupils via encrypted files twice a year.
The batch eligibility checks only service is available to colleges (in/out of Herts) and schools outside of Hertfordshire.