DBS checks will help your organisation to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying any criminal records held on successful job applicants, to determine if they are suitable to work with children or vulnerable adults.
As a registered body of the Home Office Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), we can help if you need fewer than 100 checks per year within your organisation.
Types of checks and fees
If you employ staff to work with children or vulnerable adults within your organisation, you'll need either:
This will identify any spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings.
This is the same as the standard checks but also discloses information held by local police that could be relevant to the job role.
In addition to the cost of the check, we charge an admin fee of no more than £18.00 (+VAT).
All our checks are completed and verified within 48 hours and the results are normally back within 5 days.
Application process and tracking service
- We'll check if your organisation is eligible and complete a contract. You'll then be given a user ID and password to access our online processing service.
- You'll need to carry out an ID check on the job applicant and enter their ID documents into the online system.
- The job applicant needs to then complete the address history section of the form online, either by providing them with login details or with a member of staff from your organisation.
- Our safe staffing team will countersign the application and send it to DBS who receive this the same day.
- You'll receive an email notification on the day the results are released by the DBS and the job applicant will then receive their certificate in the post.
Information and guidance
For any further advice, please contact us by:
Email us or call 01992 555895