We can help you if:

  • you are being mistreated or abused

  • you think another child or young person is being mistreated or abused

  • you need advice, or you just need to talk to someone.

Call us on 0300 123 4043.

Or you can email us if you need help.

If someone is in immediate danger, call 999.


Get help to report abuse or complain

NYAS advocacy service can help you get your voice heard. They're completely independent from the council.

National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS)


Phone: 0808 808 1001

Email: help@nyas.net



Bullying UK has good advice on what you can do if you're being bullied.

They're completely confidential and cover everything from cyber-bulliyng to abusive relationships.

Call Bullying UK on 0808 800 2222.

What is abuse?

Take a look at the NSPCC's types of child abuse.

You can also read more about Child sexual exploitation in Hertfordshire.