Services we offer
We offer a number of services to help you.
We offer a conservation advice and repair service.
We offer advice on:
- handling documents and volumes
- how to treat damaged items
- how to display, package and wrap
- preparing collections for deposit or donation.
Our conservator can:
- assess and repair documents
- clean and flatten items
- prepare material for digitisation
- give talks and workshops.
Document repair – before and after
A before and after example of the repair work we offer:
Keep your old documents in good condition for future generations.
Digitising your records
We can turn your old documents, photos, slides and videos into digital copies. We can either email them or put them on a CD or DVD.
Order a document or a search
- order copies of documents
- ask us to get documents ready before your visit
- ask us to search for a document for you
- get permission to reuse an image from the archives.
Transcription and translation
If you are struggling to read an original document, you can request our transcription or translation (Latin) service.
Buy books, maps and DVDs
From books, maps and DVDs to archive tours and beginners' workshops, the Heritage Shop has a range of products to help your research.
Maps for planning
If you're looking for maps for planning purposes, we can help. Contact us about maps for planning.
Rooms and spaces for hire
Meeting room at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies in Hertford.
- 32 person capacity
- 5 tables
- Room size – 5.25m x 5.92m
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flipchart stand
- Refreshment facilites in lobby
1 hour booking – £20
4 hour booking – £70
All day – £130
Half price for charities and not-for-profit organisations. 10% discount when you make a block booking over a 4 month period.
Or call 0300 123 4049.
Commercial photography and filming
Our premises and materials are avaliable for hire, see our fees and charges for details.
Loan of displays and cases / boards
You can borrow displays on a variety of topics
£30 (up to four weeks)
See our Fees and Charges for information about display cases and boards.
We can provide guidance on collection care, exhibition display, history projects and offer specialist training.