Construction, demolition and excavation waste
The following only applies to waste from home improvements or DIY. For commercial construction waste, please visit our commercial waste page.
What is construction, demolition and excavation waste?
Waste from home improvements or DIY, such as:
- Bathroom or kitchen fittings
- Soil or turf
- Paving slabs or stones
- Fence panels
This is defined by the Controlled Waste Regulations (England and Wales) 2012.
Is it accepted at household waste recycling centres?
Yes, you can bring construction, demolition and excavation waste to our centres any day we're open, but you can only do this once every 30 days.
No matter what size your vehicle is, we'll only accept the equivalent of a boot full of a normal sized saloon car with the seats up in a single visit.
Alternatively, we will accept one of the following in a single visit:
- A bathroom suite: 1 bath, 1 sink, 1 toilet and 1 bidet only
- 8 fence panels and 9 posts
- 8 window frames
- A set of kitchen cupboards, including worktop and sink only
- 8 internal or external doors
- A small shed, greenhouse or conservatory (maximum size 3m x 2m)
How else can I dispose of it?
Contact us for more advice.