A SaverCard is valid for 12 months.
You can renew every year, as long as you're still eligible. You can renew up to 60 days before your current card expires.
The SaverCard can be used on all local bus services (except Transport for London services).
It can also be used on any services from Hertfordshire to:
- Amersham (College and Railway Station)
- Aylesbury Bus Station
- New Barnet Railway Station
- Chesham Broadway
- Dunstable Square
- Edgware Bus Station
- Enfield Town Centre
- Harlow Bus Station
- Harrow Bus Station
- Luton Town Centre
- Mount Vernon Hospital
- Southgate Tube Station
- Uxbridge Bus Station.
There's no obligation for bus companies to provide half fare travel to children and young people, so we provide a scheme called Hertfordshire SaverCard.
A SaverCard entitles the holder to travel for half the adult fare at all times on most local bus services within Hertfordshire and to certain destinations outside the county (see Terms and conditions).
You must have a valid Hertfordshire SaverCard with you when you travel, otherwise you'll be charged the full adult fare.
Why we need your information
The data on this form is being gathered for the purpose of processing Hertfordshire SaverCard applications. Hertfordshire County Council will use this information to ensure all contacts (including calls, emails, online contacts and webchats) are managed effectively to assess eligibility, process applications and give the best customer service possible.
Hertfordshire County Council collect and process this data in order to meet our legal obligation to provide travel concessions under the Transport Act 1985, the provisions of The Travel Concessions Schemes Regulations 1986 and The Local Government Act 2000.
What we will do with your information
The information you give us will be processed by Novacroft under contract to the Passenger Transport Unit team of Hertfordshire County Council and will be used to process Hertfordshire SaverCard applications and help us to manage and improve the scheme. The information provided may be verified against existing data held by the council. It can also be used for statistical analysis and reporting to help plan and improve the passenger transport network.
Novacroft also print and issue the Hertfordshire SaverCards under contract to Hertfordshire County Council.
We will also share information with third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, for example if it necessary to safeguard or protect a vulnerable adult or child.
We may also share information with the police or other agencies if it is necessary for the following purposes:
- the prevention or detection of crime
- the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any imposition of a similar nature.
This also includes the internal fraud service and bus companies in relation to potential fraudulent use of Hertfordshire SaverCards.
How long we will keep your information
The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for:
- Application data - 7 years after creation of the Hertfordshire SaverCard
- Passenger details - 2 years after the last use or expiry of an ‘active’ Hertfordshire SaverCard
- Hertfordshire SaverCard usage - 8 years after the Hertfordshire SaverCard transaction data record was created.
What are your rights?
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information. In relation to this data:
- you have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it
- you have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request
- you have the right to correct information we hold about you if it is factually inaccurate
- you have the right to object to the way we are using your data
- you have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
- You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
- In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
- In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the council holds about you please contact:
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data, or with the way we have responded to a request, you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.