Home care costs £21.04 an hour.
Day care costs £20.98 for half a day. It's £41.96 for a full day.
Transport to and from a day centre is an additional £4 per day.
Costs for Flexicare and Supported Living care depend on how much help you need.
We'll agree the level of care you need (low, medium or high) at your social care assessment.
- Low Band – £57.57 per week
- Medium Band – £163.12 per week
- High Band – £287.85 per week.
Supported Living schemes:
- Low Band – £27.24 per week
- Medium Band – £108.96 per week
- High Band – £254.24 per week.
The cost of a care home depends on the specific home and the level of care you need.
Below are standard rates – that's what we'll pay for new clients entering care. Care homes with higher costs may ask you to pay a little extra to meet the difference.
The following older people weekly rates apply to new placements only:
Long stay at a care home– what we pay per week
- Residential Care – £545.97
- Residential Care with Dementia and or Mental ill Health – £632.42
- Nursing Care (excludes FNC) - £595.89
- Nursing Care with dementia and or Mental ill Health - £672.56
Short stay at a care home - what we pay per week
- Residential Care – £573.45
- Residential Care with Dementia or Mental ill Health – £660.56
- Nursing care (excluding FNC) - £624.78
- Nursing care with Dementia or Mental ill Health - £702.21
The council also pays an additional £18.16 per client per week to providers who have received Dementia Accredited Provider Status.
The council will consider paying different rates for shared rooms or for block bookings
*FNC = Funding Nursing Care. Previously this was paid to providers by the council and re-claimed from the NHS. Since 2017/18 the NHS has paid the providers direct.
Contact IACT.firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.