Home care costs are charged at £23.88 an hour per carer, including weekends and bank holidays.
Care is charged in 15 minute blocks even if each visit does not last exactly 15 minutes. This is based on the average and most appropriate time each visit lasts. The below table provides an example:
If your visit lasts between: We will charge Cost
0 and 20 minutes 15 Minutes £5.97
21 and 35 minutes 30 Minutes £11.94
36 and 50 minutes 45 Minutes £17.91
51 and 60 minutes 60 Minutes £23.88
Day care costs £21.94 for half a day. It's £43.88 for a full day.
Transport to and from a day centre is an additional £4.52 per day (£2.26 per journey).
Costs for Flexicare and Supported Living care depend on how much help you need.
We'll agree the level of care you need (low, medium or high) at your social care assessment.
- Low band (up to 3 hours) - £65.34 per week
- Medium band (Over 3 hours and up to 10 hours) - £185.13 per week
- High band (Over 10 hours) - £326.70 per week
Supported Living schemes:
- Low band (up to 3 hours) - £30.68 per week
- Medium band (Over 3 hours and up to 10 hours) - £122.70 per week
- High band (Over 10 hours) - £286.30 per week
The cost of a care home depends on the specific home and the level of care you need.
Below are standard rates for 2023/24 – that's what we'll pay for new clients entering care. Care homes with higher costs may ask you to pay a little extra to meet the difference.
The following older people weekly rates apply to new placements only:
Long stay at a care home– what we pay per week
- Residential Care – £656.98
- Residential Care with Dementia and or Mental ill Health – £761.01
- Nursing Care (excludes FNC) - £725.07
- Nursing Care Block (excludes FNC) - £751.65
- Nursing Care with dementia and or Mental ill Health - £818.37
Short stay at a care home - what we pay per week
- Residential Care – £690.05
- Residential Care with Dementia or Mental ill Health – £794.86
- Nursing care (excludes FNC) - £760.24
- Nursing care with Dementia or Mental ill Health - £854.45
The council also pays an additional £21.85 per client per week to providers who have received Dementia Accredited Provider Status.
The council will consider paying different rates for shared rooms or for block bookings
*FNC = Funding Nursing Care. Previously this was paid to providers by the council and re-claimed from the NHS. Since 2017/18 the NHS has paid the providers direct.
Contact IACT.email@example.com to learn more.