Adult social care and day services
People with support needs (and their carers)
All Hertfordshire County Council in-house day services will remain open during the new national restrictions. However, capacity is reduced due to social distancing measures.
Contact your usual day service if you have any queries.
How we're keeping day services Coronavirus secure
Direct payment users and their personal assistants
We are working with Hertfordshire Care Providers’ Association (HCPA) to facilitate care home visits in line with the government guidance on care home visiting. There is additional local guidance on HCPA’s website.
Email email@example.com if you need an accessible version of any easy read documents.
All our register offices are open for pre-booked appointments only.
Registering a birth
All of our register offices are still open for pre-booked appointments only.
- You must wear a face covering in any register office.
- To make an appointment to register a birth please book online.
Registering a death
We are still only registering deaths by phone. Call 0300 123 4045 between 9am and 4.30pm. Our busy period is 12–2pm.
Funerals during the coronavirus pandemic.
The coroner service will be running as normal and inquests will be going ahead.
Weddings and civil partnerships
Weddings and civil partnerships with more than 30 people can go ahead as long as social distancing remains in place.
From 21 June 2021:
- approved venues in Hertfordshire will advise how many guests you can have at your ceremony
- Hertfordshire register offices will still have social distancing and the following restrictions in place:
- Bishop’s Stortford register office - couple and 10 guests
- Cheshunt register office - couple and 12 guests
- Hatfield register office - couple and 12 guests
- Hemel Hempstead register office - couple and 12 guests
- Hertford register office - couple and 12 guests
- St Albans register office - couple and 12 guests
- Stevenage register office - couple and 12 guests
- Watford register office - couple and 7 guests.
To book or rearrange a ceremony, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 123 4045.
Latest government advice about weddings and civil partnerships
Group citizenship ceremonies will restart on Monday 12 April.
To book a private or group citizenship ceremony, call 0300 123 4045.
Health and wellbeing services (including walks)
Health in Herts – contact your service direct to see if they're currently running.
Some local health and wellbeing services will be disrupted at the moment, including health visitors, school nurses, substance misuse, sexual health, mental health and stop smoking services.
Health Walks are suspended whilst we're in national lockdown. Once restrictions ease in Hertfordshire, safe walks will continue. www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/healthwalks
Highways and bus travel
- Roadworks during coronavirus restrictions - how we’re maintaining the roads whilst keeping people safe
- Temporary cycle lanes - to encourage more walking and cycling for everyday journeys, we're introducing some temporary routes across Hertfordshire.
- Safer town centres - Our priority remains to keep Hertfordshire safe and changes to high streets and town centres will remain in place across the county, whilst social distancing is Public Health priority. In May, we'll be engaging with stakeholders to get their views on the changes to date and to understand if there are aspects which should be considered for the longer term.
- Bus travel information (Intalink) – including info about any disruptions.
Fire and Rescue
Herts Fire and Rescue Service is responding to all emergencies.
Safe and Well visits from operational crews, volunteers and other specialist staff have now resumed. Visits will be carried out in a COVID-safe manner and all staff will carry formal identification.
- Our public office at County Hall is closed to visitors until further notice.
- We are continuing to work on existing planning applications and permissions. At present the Development Control Committee meetings are held virtually.
- New planning applications - email email@example.com before submitting applications via the planning portal or making a request for pre-application advice. The process for new applications might change, due to the statutory need for publicity.