Complete a plan to let us know you care for someone who is aged 18 or over. If you're suddenly unwell or unavailable, we'll have all the information we need to quickly arrange care.
After you complete the form
- We'll send you a letter within 7 working days confirming that your plan is in place and include a copy of your plan.
- We'll also send you an "I am a carer" card and key fob with the reference number for your plan. Keep it in your purse, wallet, phone or keyring.
- We’ll also send a letter which you can take to your GP surgery to notify them that you have a plan in place.
- If things change update the plan by calling 0300 123 4042.
If you need to update your plan
Call us on 0300 123 4042 or just start a new one.
If there's an emergency
- Hospital and emergency staff can use the details on your "I am a carer" card to contact us and arrange support for the person you care for. We'll use your emergency contacts or arrange care ourselves.
- If you are unavailable for a long time, we'll carry out a review to see if the person you care for needs further support.