The course aims to help drivers recognise speed limits and choose safe speeds for the road and traffic conditions.
Courses last 2 hours 45 minutes.
There is no formal driving test and you don't need a car.
To prioritise your safety during the pandemic, you can book and complete a National Speed Awareness course online from your home.
- The course uses Zoom, an online conference system. You will need to download Zoom before the day of your course.
- Video - how to join your driving course via Zoom. You must be somewhere private where you won't be disturbed.
- You'll need a tablet, laptop or desktop with a microphone, camera and reliable internet connection (capable of streaming video).
- You can use a smartphone, but the course will be more effective on a larger screen.
- There will be up to 10 clients and our trainer.
You can book a course online regardless of which police force in the UK offered you a course.
We are now able to offer a limited number of classroom courses, subject to availability. If you choose to attend a classroom course:
- You will have to travel to the course venue, Hatfield Oak Hotel. Parking is free and there's disabled access.
- There will be up to 24 clients and two trainers.
- Face coverings are encouraged, but not compulsory. Hand sanitiser will be provided.
Bookings for classroom-based courses are via telephone only. Call 0300 123 4035.
You must show your driving licence with photo ID on arrival to take part.
Whether you attend online or in person, abusive, threatening or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated. Our trainers are here to help you.
Call 0300 123 4035 in advance of the course if you have special requirements.
Examples of special requirements include:
instalment payments – the course must be fully paid for in advance
a private room for breastfeeding – you can't bring a baby or child into the classroom. You'll need to bring someone to care for your baby while you take part
an interpreter – we can provide one or you can bring one if you tell us in advance (they must be over 16 years old and have some ID).
Will my information be kept confidential?
Yes. We’ll keep your attendance information for 3 months from the course date. We’ll tell the police about your attendance once you have completed the course. Details of the police data policies.
More information about the course