We work with local authorities, voluntary organisations and communities to help them enjoy and care for the environment.
What we do
- We co-ordinate 4 teams of volunteers that take part in 200 conservation and access projects each year.
- We support more than 400 volunteers and over 25 'Friends of Greenspaces' groups to make Hertfordshire a greener and healthier county.
- We manage Broxbourne and Bencroft Woods, part of Hertfordshire's only National Nature Reserve.
- We produce management plans for publicly accessible greenspaces and are currently involved in 25 Green Flag award-winning sites.
- We secure funds for project delivery from sources including the National Lottery Heritage Fund, Sustrans and the Countryside Stewardship scheme.
- We manage Hertfordshire Health Walks, the largest healthy walking programme in the UK, with more than 50 walks a week and over 30,000 attendances in 2022/23.
- We plan and oversee a range of land management activity by contractors and volunteers, for people and wildlife.
- We involve locally elected members in all areas of planning and delivery.