We work with local authorities, voluntary organisations and communities to help them enjoy and care for the environment.
What we do
- Accredited with the national Investing in Volunteers standard, we coordinate 3 teams of volunteers taking part in 150 conservation and access projects each year.
- We support more than 400 volunteers and over 25 'Friends of Greenspaces' groups to make Hertfordshire a greener and healthier county.
- We manage Broxbourne and Bencroft Woods, part of Hertfordshire's only National Nature Reserve.
- We produce management plans for publicly accessible greenspaces and are currently involved in 25 Green Flag award-winning sites.
- We have successfully secured external funds from sources as diverse as the National Lottery and Tesco Bags of Help.
- We manage Hertfordshire Health Walks, the largest healthy walking programme in the UK, with more than 60 walks a week and over 55,000 attendances in 2016/17.
- We coordinate the Walks and More programme of guided walks and events that explore the rich heritage of Hertfordshire.
- We plan and oversee a range of land management activity from contractors.
- We involve locally elected members in all areas of planning and delivery.