A little research can help you make the right school preferences for your child.
The Hertfordshire schools directory lists all schools, together with:
- each school's admission rules (how places are allocated)
- how places were allocated in previous years
- dates for upcoming open events to visit the school
- Ofsted and performance ratings.
Please note: We do not advise parents to use private admissions websites because the data is frequently inaccurate, misleading, out of date or incomplete. Information on admissions in previous years is available in the schools directory and at the 'previous years admissions' link below.
Take a look at new schools opening and additional places.
- Do make time to visit the school.
- Do talk to the headteacher about your child.
- Don't think that good exam results are the only important thing.
- Don't judge a school by what others say – go and see it for yourself.