Skip to content

Hertfordshire County Council

Appealing a decision when you're applying to change school during the school year.

For starting at primary, infant, junior and middle schools in September 2024

For starting at secondary or upper schools in September 2024

If your child is permanently excluded from school and you have already received the outcome of the Governors Discipline Committee meeting, you can request an independent review of the decision.

School appeals survey – post hearing


What we do with your data when you appeal

When you make a school admissions appeal, home to school transport appeal or you request an exclusion review hearing, we keep your data safe.

Please don't send us information where third parties can be identified (e.g. other children's names or photographs).

If you need to include information about other people, you will need to send us written consent from the individuals or families involved.

When you send us your information as part of a school admissions appeal, exclusion review or home to school transport appeal, you are sending your information to Hertfordshire County Council (as the Data controller).

This information is gathered and will be processed for the purpose of processing school admissions appeals, exclusion reviews and home to school transport appeals. Hertfordshire County Council will use this information to ensure all contacts (including calls, emails, and online contacts) are managed effectively to log, record and administer the statutory school appeals service and to give the best customer service possible.

Hertfordshire County Council is obliged to collect and process this data under the School Standards and Framework Act 1998, Admissions code 2014 and Appeals code 2012.

The information you give us will be held by the Appeals team of Hertfordshire County Council.

It will be shared with schools and independent appeal panel members.

We will also share information with third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, for example if it necessary to safeguard or protect a child.

We may also share information with the police or other agencies if it is necessary for the following purposes:

a)         the prevention or detection of crime

b)         the apprehension or prosecution of offenders

c)         the assessment or collection of any tax or duty or any imposition of a similar nature

The information that you supply to us will be kept on file for 25 years. For more information, including how to remove your data, visit our website privacy policy.



Rate this page