Make traditional hand-painted Easter eggs:
1. Make a hole at the top and bottom of a large egg
2. Carefully blow out the contents (capture it in a bowl and scramble it for dinner?)
3. Allow the eggshell to dry
4. Gently decorate it with brightly coloured paints or felt-tips
5. Add some googly eyes, decorative gems or whatever you can ‘lay’ your hands on.
Alternatively, you can hard boil the eggs. To save time painting them, add some food colouring to the water. Add the extra decorations when they have cooled down, then eat – or try an egg and spoon race.
Make your own chocolate eggs. To reduce packaging, you can make chocolate eggs at home using a mould.
Create a super easy chocolate slab. Melt chocolate and pour it into a flexible container. Sprinkle on decorations like nuts, choc chips or mini eggs. Once solid, tip it out and enjoy. This is great for using up any leftover chocolate too.
Recycle Devon has plenty of great crafty ideas and bakes for a home made Easter.