You'll need a licence if you want to use our street lights for festive lighting or attachments, such as banners.
Before you start...
You'll need the following to apply for a festive lighting or attachments licence:
- public liability insurance certificate (minimum of £10 million)
- details of the location of the lighting you want to use
- details of the attachment
- a copy of the risk assessment
It costs £TBA for a licence
It takes 10 working days to process an application.
You need to follow some guidelines when putting up festive lighting or attachments
- Completion of Stage 1 of the licence application and consent to install being granted does not constitute a licence
- If all supporting documents are received and approved, a stage 1 licence will be granted.
- If there are missing documents that are required for the application, this may delay the granting of the licence.
- a stage 2 licence will be required for illuminated/powered attachments.
- Once a stage one licence is granted and the attachments are fitted and tested, the test results must be sent through and approved prior to a stage 2 licence being granted.
- You’ll need to inform us of illuminated switch-on and switch-off times