Oversail licence – to overhang a structure on a public road or pavement

You need a licence to overhang a structure (such as a tower crane, balcony or shop sign) on a public road, verge or pavement.

Before you start...

You'll need the following to apply for an oversail licence:

  • public liability insurance certificate (minimum of £10 million)
  • site area plan
  • jib arch plan and slew circle of jib plan
  • loading bay location plan
  • method statement and risk assessment.

The total cost of your application will be £1,807. This includes the legal fees and the £102 application fee. Please do not make payment until you are requested to do so via email.