Materials on the highway
You need a licence before you can place building materials or equipment on a public road, verge or pavement.
Before you start, you'll need your public liability insurance certificate (minimum of £10 million).
A 14 day building materials licence costs £51. It's £36 for every week after.
Getting a licence
When we receive your application, we'll consider:
- traffic on the street where you want the material
- danger and disruptions caused
- width of the road and pavement
- access to surrounding property
- planned or existing roadworks.
We may visit the site whilst the materials are in place to make sure our safety requirements are met.